Monday, April 29, 2013

Entry 9 - Converge Your Symbols

The faces of America's next reality TV stars:
"Hanna's Angels" Or "Desperate Best Friends"

Symbolic convergence can be described as "Two or more private symbol worlds inclined toward each other, come more closely together, or even overlap; group consciousness or cohesiveness."

My sister (A, also known as J) and best friend (M) and I have formed a group based on private symbols that draw us closer together. This theory is studied under the circumstances of making new friends, but I cannot recall a time when we were not close, because we have been together since we were babies. Even as a shy child, I don't remember having as much trouble making friends as I do now ( I wish it was the other way around, but even the quietest child is less ashamed of herself when she is young and unaware of judging eyes.) 

Our world has expanded through the years. Road trips and hours of playing with dolls and swimming and role playing have brought us close. And I believe that our personalities just "click." To the outside world, people see me blossom when I'm around M and A and are surprised to find me capable of anything clever and bold. But that's the real me. In our fantasy group, we are the embodiment of California; we are artists, we are models, we are nerds, we are heroines, we are mothers, we are sisters, we are free, and we are beautiful.

I find I only need a few close-knit relationships to survive, and I am happy to discover a relationship like that with my fiance. I know I will have someone to relate with every day of my life. Even still, I want to stay connected to my "LAM" group as much as possible because we have had such a large impact on each other's lives. It's hard to imagine being without them. I thank God for the communities He has given me. :)

- L

No comments:

Post a Comment